• Radically reduces the procedure time
• Huge saving in Disposal Costs
• Saves valuable ship time
Ideal for use in water hygiene storage tanks and pipe-work treatment applications, where it quickly eradicates
Legionella, Pseudomonas and other microbes.
25L, 200L, 1,000L IBC’s.
Tank clean (MGN 397); “To be opened up, emptied,
ventilated and inspected and thoroughly cleaned, recoated
0.2ppm free chlorine. The cleaning process should include disinfection.”
1. Clean and rinse the tank and pump out residue.
2. Dilute 1 litre Shipsan to 20 litres of deionised water (200 ppm free-chlorine).
3. Spray all surfaces with Shipsan® (diluted as above) and leave for a few minutes to
4. Rinse the surface and pump out residue.
5. When using Shipsan spray method for super-chlorinating the freshwater tanks
consideration should be given to the distribution system;
a) Hydrophore System: Using a Hydrophore system: The hydrophore tank requires a solution of 200ppm (Measured as Free Chlorine) Shipsan is then used to sanitise the distribution system, operating all outlets to ensure the chlorination is achieved at all points, followed by flushing after 30 minutes. (200ppm Shipsan = 1 Litre Shipsan to 20- Litres de-ionised water)
b) Positive Pressure Pump System: Using a positive pressure pump system direct feed from the fresh water tank. After Super-Chlorinating the fresh water tank using Shipsan as above procedure, use a cofferdam to supply the pump inlet pipework should be filled with a solution of 200 ppm (Measured as free-chlorine) Shipsan to be used to sanitise the distribution system, operating all outlets to ensure the chlorination is achieved at all points followed by flushing after 30 minutes. (1 Litre Shipsan to 20 Litres de-ionised water).
6. Refill the tank to achieve typically 0.2ppm-0.5ppm. (As per the levels indicated in your Water Safety Plan) using Shipsan. Test the water for free chlorine.
Dosage Guide for Drinking Water on Board, where an infection has been identified.
Using Shipsan to dose ready for drinking instead of Sodium Hypochlorite or Calcium Hypochlorite Liquid or Tablets (which you might do if you had a high-risk situation): Refill the the tank to achieve 0.2ppm at the tap or 5ppm in the tank (free-chlorine) using Shipsan. Sample teh water for free-chlorine. Shipsan will give a stable free-chlorine level.
Dosage Guide Quantities: Dose for drinking Water: You will need to use 125ml of Shipsan per tonne of drinking water, this will give you 0.5ppm in the tank. For drinking water the line
should be dosed immediately into the line via a dosing meter prior to distribution point after the storage tanks.
For test kits available see tektrak.co.uk or contact us.
Copyright © 2019 Aquamarine Chemicals – Bayer-Wood Technologies Ltd.